The Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) has recently released the official notification for the Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023. This notification brings exciting opportunities for aspiring students looking to pursue the B.Tech program in Assam. In this article, we will provide you with all the essential details about the JLEE 2023 notification and how to submit the online application.
Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU)
ASTU is a renowned university in Assam dedicated to promoting science and technology education in the state. It plays a crucial role in conducting various entrance examinations to facilitate admissions in technical courses. ASTU has consistently maintained high academic standards, making it a preferred choice among students aspiring for technical education in Assam.
Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE)
JLEE serves as a gateway for diploma holders to secure admission to the third semester of the B.Tech program in Assam’s engineering colleges. It is an annual entrance examination conducted by ASTU, allowing candidates to enter directly into the fourth year of the B.Tech program. JLEE offers a unique opportunity for diploma holders to upgrade their qualifications and pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
ASTU JLEE 2023 Details
Name of exam: Joint Lateral Entry Examination (JLEE) 2023
Name of course: 3rd semester of B.Tech courses
|✔️ Job Alerts Whatsapp Group|
|✔️ Join Us Telegram|
|▶ Join us Youtube|
|💥 Join us Job Exam Preparation Telegram Channel Only Rs. 50/-|
Exam conducting university: Assam Science And Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati
Level of exam: State-level
Mode of exam: Offline (pen and paper-based)
Exam date: July 2nd, 2023 (Sunday)
Exam duration: 3 Hours
Mode of application: Online
Eligibility Criteria of JLEE Examination
To be eligible for the Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE), candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Resident-ship: Candidates must be permanent residents of Assam. This requirement ensures that the exam is open to candidates who have domicile status in Assam.
- Character: Candidates must possess a good moral character. This criterion emphasizes the importance of ethical conduct and responsible behavior.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates must be physically and mentally fit. This requirement ensures that candidates can meet the physical demands of the B.Tech program and perform effectively.
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidates must hold a recognized diploma of a minimum 3 years duration from any Polytechnic Institution of Assam under the State Council of Technical Education (SCTE). This diploma should be relevant to the engineering discipline they wish to pursue in the B.Tech program.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum overall aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) in their Polytechnic course. This criterion ensures that candidates have a satisfactory academic record.
- Final Year Students: Candidates appearing in their final examination are also eligible to apply for JLEE. However, they must produce their original mark sheet along with the pass certificate of the final diploma on the day of admission. This criterion allows students in their final year of the diploma course to participate in the examination.
Meeting these eligibility criteria is essential for candidates to be considered eligible for the JLEE examination. It ensures that candidates have the necessary qualifications and fulfill the requirements to pursue the B.Tech program through the lateral entry scheme in Assam’s engineering colleges.
Application Fee of Assam JLEE Exam 2023
To complete the application process for the Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023, candidates are required to pay an application fee. Here are the details regarding the application fee:
- The Application Fee is Rs. 1500/- (Fifteen Hundred only).
- The fee payment is to be made online using “HDFC Collect Now.”
- Payment options include Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net Banking.
- The online fee payment facility ensures a convenient and secure transaction process.
It is important to note the following regarding the application fee:
- The examination fee, once paid, is non-refundable. Candidates should carefully consider their eligibility and intention to appear for the exam before making the payment.
- Candidates must ensure successful online fee payment within the last date of submission of online applications. Failure to make the payment within the specified timeline will result in the candidature not being considered for the examination.
- Any communication regarding payment failure received after the last date of submission of online applications will not be entertained. Candidates are responsible for ensuring the successful completion of the fee payment within the given timeframe.
By paying the application fee within the specified period, candidates can complete the application process for the Assam JLEE Exam 2023 and proceed with their examination preparation.
How to Apply for Assam JLEE Exam 2023
To apply for the Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023, candidates are required to follow the online application process. Here are the steps to apply:
- Scroll down to the Important Links section in the official advertisement.
- Click on the “Online Application Link” to access the JLEE Application Portal.
- On the registration page, click on “New Registration” to initiate the registration process.
- Provide the required details and complete the registration process.
- After successful registration, go back to the JLEE Application Portal and click on the “Online Application Link” to log in.
- Enter your login credentials to access the application form.
- Fill out all the personal and educational details as per the instructions provided.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as photographs and signatures, in the prescribed format.
- Proceed to make the payment of the application fee based on your category.
- Verify all the entered information and documents before submitting the application form.
- Once submitted, take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
By following these steps and completing the online application process, candidates can successfully apply for the Assam JLEE Exam 2023. It is important to ensure the accuracy of the provided information and adhere to the specified guidelines throughout the application process.
Important Dates of Assam JLEE Exam 2023
The Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023 follows a specific schedule. Here are the important dates related to the exam:
- Starting date of submission of online applications: 22nd May 2023
- Last date for submission of online applications: 12th June 2023
- Issue of online admit cards: From 19th June 2023 to 28th June 2023
- Date and timing of the examination: 2nd July 2023, 11:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m.
- Declaration of results: Within 10 days of the conduct of the examination
It is crucial for candidates to take note of these dates and adhere to the specified timelines. The starting and closing dates for online application submission provide the timeframe within which candidates can complete their applications. The issuance of admit cards will take place during a specific period, allowing candidates to download and carry them to the examination center. The examination itself will be held on a specific date and time. Finally, the results will be declared within ten days of the examination.
Important Links of JLEE Examination
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
About JLEE Exam
The Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023 is an important examination conducted for admission to the 3rd semester of the B.Tech program in Assam’s engineering colleges. Here are the key details about the exam:
Name of exam: Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023
Date of exam: 2nd July 2023 (Sunday)
Time of Exam: 11:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m.
Total marks: 400
Type of exam: Offline (pen and paper-based)
Duration of exam: 3 hours
Type of question: MCQ type
Total no of questions: 100
Medium of question paper: English
Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Centres of exam: Guwahati and Jorhat
Syllabus of JLEE Exam
The Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023 consists of a single paper with a duration of 3 hours. The exam is multiple-choice in nature (MCQ) and covers the following subjects:
A. Mathematics: 30 Questions
The Mathematics section focuses on various topics related to mathematics. Some of the key areas covered in this section include:
- Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
B. Basic Computer: 10 Questions
The Basic Computer section evaluates candidates’ knowledge of fundamental concepts related to computers. The syllabus for this section may include:
- Introduction to Computers
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networks
- Internet and Email
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Computer Security and Virus Protection
C. Graphics: 10 Questions
The Graphics section assesses candidates’ understanding of basic concepts and principles of graphics. The syllabus for this section may include:
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- 2D and 3D Transformations
- Clipping and Windowing
- Graphics Primitives
- Curves and Surfaces
- Shading and Illumination
D. Branch of Engineering: 50 Questions
The Branch of Engineering section focuses on the specific discipline or branch of engineering chosen by the candidate. The syllabus for this section will vary based on the selected branch and may cover topics such as:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- And other relevant engineering branches
It is essential for candidates to thoroughly study and understand the concepts, theories, and applications related to these subjects to perform well in the JLEE Exam. By familiarizing themselves with the syllabus, candidates can plan their preparation effectively and focus on the areas that require more attention.
FAQs – JLEE Exam
What is the JLEE Exam?
The JLEE Exam, also known as the Joint Lateral Entrance Examination, is conducted by Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) for admission to the 3rd semester of the B.Tech program in engineering colleges in Assam through the lateral entry scheme.
Who is eligible to appear for the JLEE Exam?
Candidates who hold a recognized diploma of a minimum 3-year duration from any Polytechnic Institution of Assam under the State Council of Technical Education (SCTE) are eligible to appear for the JLEE Exam. They must also fulfill other eligibility criteria such as residency, character, physical fitness, and minimum marks requirement.
What is the duration of the JLEE Exam?
The JLEE Exam has a duration of 3 hours. Candidates are required to complete the exam within this stipulated time frame.
What is the marking scheme for the JLEE Exam?
The JLEE Exam follows a multiple-choice question (MCQ) format. There is negative marking, with 1 mark deducted for every wrong answer.
What are the subjects included in the JLEE Exam?
The JLEE Exam consists of four subjects: Mathematics, Basic Computer, Graphics, and the Branch of Engineering. Mathematics has 30 questions, Basic Computer and Graphics have 10 questions each, and the Branch of Engineering has 50 questions.
Where are the exam centers for the JLEE Exam?
The JLEE Exam is conducted at two exam centers: Guwahati and Jorhat. Candidates can choose their preferred exam center during the application process.
When will the results of the JLEE Exam be declared?
The results of the JLEE Exam are usually declared within 10 days of the examination date. Candidates can check the official website or other authorized channels for the announcement of results.
Is there any age limit for appearing in the JLEE Exam?
There is no specific age limit mentioned for appearing in the JLEE Exam. However, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in the official notification.
Can final year diploma students apply for the JLEE Exam?
Yes, final year diploma students can apply for the JLEE Exam. However, they must provide their original mark sheet and pass certificate of the final diploma on the day of admission.
How can I apply for the JLEE Exam?
Interested candidates can apply for the JLEE Exam by visiting the official JLEE Application Portal and completing the online application process. They need to provide personal and educational details, upload necessary documents, and make the required application fee payment.
Remember to refer to the official JLEE Exam notification and website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.