Stenographer exam is conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of Grade C and D. Stenographer 2023 will be conducted in 2 phases – Written Exam and Skill Test. So, candidates need to prepare not only for the theory part but also for the Stenographer Skill Test. A well planned and structured way of preparation tips will propel you to crack Stenographer Exam in one go.
Stenographer exam is conducted every year by Staff Selection Commission for recruitment in Grade C and D. Stenographer 2023 will be conducted in 2 phases – Written Test and Skill Test. So, candidates must prepare not only for the theory part but also for the Stenographer Skill Test . The preparation tips in a well-planned and structured approach will help you crack the Stenographer exam in one go.
In addition to stenographic skills, a candidate must have awareness of current events and activities throughout the world, as well as the ability to apply reasoning and rationality. To prepare for an examination, a candidate should be aware of some basic tips, such as time management, speed, and accuracy.
Apart from stenographic skills, a candidate must have an awareness of current events and activities across the world as well as the ability to apply logic and rationality. To prepare for an exam, a candidate must be aware of some basic tips, such as time management, speed and accuracy.
Along with stenographic skills, a candidate should have the ability to apply knowledge, logic and reasoning related to world events and happenings. To get success in the written examination, also have a good hold on the language. Apart from this, candidates must be aware of some basic tips like time management, speed, accuracy etc. to prepare for the exam.
Stenographer Subjective Preparation Tips 2023
|✔️ Job Alerts Whatsapp Channel|
|✔️ Join Us Telegram|
|▶ Join us Youtube|
|💥 Join us Job Exam Preparation Telegram Channel Only Rs. 50/-|
As mentioned earlier, the written exam for Stenographer 2023 consists of three parts:
- Part I- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Part II- General Awareness
- Part III- English Language and Comprehension
It is essential to plan and develop strategy and tactics to solve the questions given in the exam. Candidates must focus on solving maximum number of questions in minimum time. Here are some simple strategies and tips to prepare for the Stenographer 2023 written exam:
Common Sense and Reasoning
General Intelligence & Reasoning is a genre that judges the intelligence of a candidate and the ability to reason by applying logic. It is one of the scoring section in the written test.
It is very important to practice questions related to this section, attempt mock tests and sample papers so that you can excel and score well. Here are some tips which a candidate must keep in mind while attempting the General Intelligence and Reasoning section of the written test.
- stop pretending. It is wise to thoroughly understand the theory behind each concept.
- Words with negative prefix should be avoided as these are usually given to confuse the candidate.
- Practice more and more examples to understand how to solve the questions.
- The instructions should be clear to the candidate without alphabetic, numerical.
- Reasoning requires a bit of concentration which can be time consuming if the candidate does not practice enough.
Some of the important units of this section from which candidates get maximum number of questions are as follows:
- Mathematical and code-based puzzles
- blood related
- Venn diagrams
- circular seating
- claims and arguments
- alphabetical series
- hidden images
- paper cutting and folding
- cubes and dice
- statement and conclusion
- statements and assumptions
- mixed series
- number series
- distance and direction
- Order and Ranking
- linear seating
- coding and decoding
- alphabetical series
- matrix mirror image
- word formation
- statement and argument
- process of action
General Awareness tries to test a candidate’s knowledge about the environment and the world in which he/she lives. Generally this section of the written test is easy to attempt and score, but if the candidate is unaware of the general environment/events/happenings, it would be good. It is difficult to score in this section. Here are some tips to score well in this section:
- The candidates must be updated with the latest happenings and events.
- Current status in the last six months
- Socio-economic situation in the country and the world
- Reading daily newspaper will be an added advantage
- Keep notes of important events so that you can review them daily.
Some important units of General Awareness are:
- Awards and honors
- The constitution of India
- India and the world
- Science and Technology
- Indian Geography- Soil of India, Crops of India, Agriculture and Irrigation of India, Rivers of India etc.
- days and events
- art and culture
- Indian Economy
- Government Policies and Schemes
- Events and issues of national and international importance
- indian politics
- Indian History- Indian Independence Movement, Mughal Empire etc.
- Books and Authors
- Countries, Capitals and Currencies
English Language and Comprehension
If the aspirants want to become a stenographer, they must have a good command over the English language as they have to write down everything that a senior official or minister has to say. This is the reason why English and Comprehension are given the most importance as compared to other sections of the Stenographer exam. Following the trend of previous years, the difficulty level of questions in this section is moderate to difficult.
But this Stenographer exam is one of the easiest parts of English Language and Comprehension, provided the candidate practices thoroughly on the fundamental concepts of the language. To strengthen this trend candidates must practice mock tests.
Questions in section E will cover English Grammar, Comprehension and Vocabulary. To know more about the preparation strategies for English Comprehension section, refer to the material given below:
- Brush up on the basic rules of English grammar—active and passive voice, speech, parts of speech (verbs, adverbs, nouns, pronouns, conjunctions, adverbs, etc.), articles, singular and plural, and so on.
- Try to develop the habit of reading English books and newspapers daily. If you come across a new word, write it down to improve your vocabulary stock.
Some of the most important parts of English language and comprehension are:
- block test
- synonyms and antonyms
- reading comprehension
- fill in the blanks
- sentence correction
- phrases and idioms
- fault finding
- phrase replacement
Pattern 2023 Stenographer Exam
Stenographer Exam is conducted in 2 stages – Written Test and Skill Test. The written test consists of three sections of 200 marks each.
- Part I is devoted to General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 marks)
- General Awareness Questions in Part II (50 Marks)
- Part III is under English Language and Comprehension (100 marks)
The time limit for attempting the written test is 120 minutes for normal candidates, while additional 40 minutes are provided for visually impaired candidates.
Preparation of Stenographer Exam 2023 Keep in mind the common things
Apart from the tips to solve specific parts of the question paper, a candidate also needs some general tips like managing time, practicing weak sections, revising material in sections. Following are the preparation tips for the candidates that must be kept in mind before appearing for the Stenographer exam:
- Time Management- It is necessary to plan the work schedule very precisely according to the schedule. Candidates must attempt the mock tests and make a list of important points that they need to improve.
- Practice and Work in Weaker Sections- Candidates must attempt all the sections of the written test. To complete 200 questions within 2 hours candidates need to focus on solving sample papers and mark the weak sections and focus on them.
- Familiarize yourself with Current Affairs- Candidates need to be updated with the latest happenings in the world in order to attempt the written test. If he fails to keep pace with the current happenings in the world and the country, it may result in the loss of some easy marks.
- Revise the syllabus in parts- Candidates can refer to grade the syllabus as it will help in maintaining a good knowledge about the strong and weak points. This will help them to revise better as to what they need to focus more on.
- Make time for leisure- Make time for rest and relaxation and take breaks at short intervals. It is important that you do not burden yourself too much. This will hinder the performance of the candidate in the Stenographer Exam.
- Adopt the strategies and methods to solve the questions in less time- This is definitely a good way to attempt the written test within the stipulated time. Sometimes the questions are difficult to solve with simple facts, but candidates must understand some strategies and tips to solve the questions within a minute.
Stenographer 2023 Sample Paper
Stenographer Sample Papers gives the candidate a basic idea about the type of questions asked in the exam. Solving sample papers improves the time management and problem solving skills of the candidate.
There are many advantages of Stenographer Sample Papers which are given below :-
- While solving the practice papers candidates can get an idea that which section is more difficult to solve and more time consuming. It improves the time management skills of the candidate.
- A candidate must go through the sample papers to get an idea about the type and level of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- Stenographer practice paper boosts the confidence of the candidate and helps in measuring their preparation level.
- Candidates can improve their accuracy and speed by solving sample papers