Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER – Application Form, Scholarship Amount: Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER – scholarships.gov.in | Application Form Extended Till 31st October 2022, Scholarship Amount: Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER under Under Grant Commission UGC. Candidates who are related to North Eastern Region can apply for this Scholarship. This is a special Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region students who are eagerly waiting for it. Candidates should submit the Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form before
31st October 2022 30 November 2022
UGC “Ishan Uday” Scholarship Scheme 2022, Online Application
“Ishan Uday” Scholarship 2022. Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of North Eastern Region (NER) to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region. Under Ishan Uday scholarship scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
Furthermore, the scholar would be awarded from the date of joining the course as certified by the University/ Institution/ College. In this article, we have given details regarding the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER which includes objectives, documents required, how to apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER, etc. Then why waste time, scroll down and check out the details of the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022: Eligibility, Purpose, Apply Online
Ishan Uday Scholarship | Ishan Uday Scholarship | Ishan Uday Scholarship Online Application | Ishan Uday Scholarship Yojana
An initiative launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC), is a special scholarship scheme for the North Eastern Region (NER). This scholarship scheme is provided to the students from the economically weaker section of NER to ensure that they can continue their higher education.
Around 10,000 scholarships are distributed to the students every year under the Ishaan Uday Scholarship. Ishaan Uday is a scholarship scheme under which all the students of the country along with North-Eastern students are eligible. This institution provides 10,000 scholarships at the rate of Rs 5,400 per month.
7,800 per month for general degree courses and for technical and vocational courses (including medical and para medical courses) will be given to the beneficiary student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER – Overview
|Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER – Application Form, Eligibility
|Name of the Scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Starting Date for Registration||26th July 2022|
|End Date for Registration||30 November 2022|
Objective of Ishan Uday Scholarships
1) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Background of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Scheme
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission have taken special interest concerning the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education, and encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the Nort Eastern region, the UGC has decided to launch the “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from the academic session 2014-15. Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide-ranging consultations with State Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region, the North EasternCouncil, Shillong, and other stakeholders.
Eligibility Criteria of Ishan Uday Scholarship
A) Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
B) Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
C) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
D) Institutes of National Importance.
E) Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
Family Income: For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Exclusions of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
|Students pursuing courses/ programs through Open Universities.|
|Students are already availing scholarships for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other scheme(s).|
|Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.|
|Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, do not lead to the award of a Degree.|
|Students whose parent’s income is more than Rs.4.5 lakhs per annum.|
Scope of UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
1. Students with the domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
2. Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during the year 2017-18.
3. For availing of scholarships under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
4. Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
5. Secured admission in the first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/ professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute:-
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code
1) For students of integrated degree courses, the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course.
2) For dual degree courses, the scholarship will only be tenable for the tenure of first
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently-abled persons.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount
Rs.5400/- per month for the general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process
Total Slots: 10,000 slots are available under this scheme and 10,000 students will be awarded.
Distribution: The distribution of slots among the states of NER will be done on the basis of the Population Census (Last).
In Case of Vacant Slot: If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the vacancies will be distributed equally among other states.
Reservation: Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) will be done as per the norms of the Government of India.
Duration for Scholarship
- After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarships on DBT mode.
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
- PFMS will generate payment files based on the nomenclature of the course being pursued by the awardee (general degree/ technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical). Payments will be generated on annual basis.
Procedure for Disbursement
Scholarship (as certified by the institutions identified under this scheme) will be paid to the selected students by the UGC through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) Mode and will be transferred to the Bank account of the beneficiaries. This procedure will be completed through the PFMS.
Required Documents to Apply Online
Before proceeding for the application process of ISHAN UDAY scholarship, students need to prepare the following documents. The following documents are mandatory to complete the application process so all students should ensure it’s availability.
|Name of Document|
|Aadhaar Card/ Bonafide Certificate|
|Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)|
|Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)|
|Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.|
|Quarterly Continuation Certificate (Annexure-III)|
|Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/ First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))|
How to Apply Online for Ishaan Uday Scholarship?
- Firstly visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal
- The home page of the official website will open like this.
- We will see the option of “ New Registration ” on the page, click on it.
- Read the directions from the next page and click on the “ Continue ” button.
- On clicking, a registration form will open.
- Enter all the information asked in the application form like State, Gender, Name, Mobile, Email etc and click on “ Register ” button.
- After successful registration, you have to login to the portal.
- After logging in, the option of “ Scholarship ” will appear, click on it.
- On the next page, the option of Ishan Uday Scholarship will appear, click on it.
- Ishaan Uday Scholarship Online Application Form will open as soon as you click
- All the information asked in the application form like; Enter Name, Address, Mobile, State, Educational Qualification, etc.
- After that upload the required documents along with the form and click on “ Submit ” button
- In this way you can apply online in Ishan Uday Scholarship.
All necessary information related to Ishan Uday Scholarship is available here which provides complete information about application, registration, benefits, purpose etc. If there is any problem related to this, then you can contact on the address given below.
- Toll Free Number: 120 – 6619540
- Email ID: [email protected]
Process to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Visit the offical site @ scholarships.gov.in
- On the home page above you will find the register option, click on it.
- Fill in all the details.
- If you have already registered, then you can log in to the renewal of your scholarship.
- Fill in the details and attach the documents which were asked to submit.
- Now, download the submitted Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form.
- Save a soft copy and as well a hard copy for future requirements.
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Application Start Date||26th July 2022|
|Application Last Date||30th November 2022|
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 – Important Links
|Online Application Link||Register | Login|
|Scholarship Renewal Link||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
We hope that all the candidates of the North Eastern Region got clarity regarding the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER, how to apply, and all. For further information and updates, you can follow our website @ All Job Assam.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
The Ministry of Human Resource Development and the University Grants Commission have taken special interest in promoting higher education in NER. In order to improve GER, encourage higher education and encourage children from economically weaker section of North Eastern Region, UGC has decided to launch “Ishaan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from the academic session 2022.
The UGC held extensive consultations with State Governments and Central and State Universities of North Eastern Region, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, North Eastern Council, Shillong and other stakeholders. After that Ishan Uday Scholarship was proposed and the amount was mentioned.
To get benefits under Ishan Uday Scholarship, candidates can apply from the official provided by the government. In which various types of documents and eligibility are demanded. The benefit of this scholarship can be obtained after fulfilling all the criteria.
Purpose of Ishaan Uday Scholarship
Ishan Uday Scholarship has been started by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the year 2014-15. The main objective of this scholarship is to provide scholarships for higher education to the students of socially and economically weaker sections, so that the students can build their academic development and bright future.
- The main objective of this scholarship is to provide 10,000 scholarships every year.
- One of the objectives of the scholarship is to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in the Northeast.
- To ensure that the students of the North Eastern Region get equal opportunities for pursuing higher education.
- To promote the importance of higher and vocational studies to the weaker section students and to increase its importance in the field.
- To ensure that the budget allocated for the scholarship is optimally utilized.
Amount to be provided under Ishaan Uday Scholarship
The amount of Ishan Uday Scholarship is as follows:
- Candidates pursuing general degree course will get Rs 5400 per month.
- Candidates pursuing professional courses including medical and para-medical courses get Rs 7800 per month.
- The amount will be transferred to the beneficiary students through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Understand as follows:
|General Degree courses||Rs 5,400 per month|
|Technical, Medical, Professional, Paramedical Courses||Rs 7,800 per month|
Distribution of Ishaan Uday Scholarship
Students who are unable to get proper education due to financial crisis or covid, they can apply online for Ishaan Uday Scholarship from the official website. To pursue higher education of the students, the government provides financial assistance in the form of scholarships.
Rs 5,400 per month is disbursed to the student as financial assistance for undergraduate courses and Rs 7,800 per month for technical, medical, professional courses. Ishan Uday Scholarship will be paid to the selected students of UGC through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode, which will be transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries.
Who is not eligible under Ishaan Uday Scholarship?
The following candidates will not be eligible under Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23:
- Students pursuing courses/programmes through Open Universities.
- Students already in receipt of scholarship for pursuing undergraduate program under any other scheme(s).
- Students seeking admission through ‘Management Quota’.
- Students pursuing courses such as Diploma courses are not leading to the award of the degree.
- Students whose parental income is more than Rs 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Candidates receiving scholarship for undergraduate degree courses under any scheme.
- Candidates pursuing a course that cannot be offered as a course, such as a diploma course
- Students who have secured admission through management quota.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions
Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared the Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
What is the last date to register for the Ishan Uday Scholarship?
31st October 2022 is the last date to register for the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
What is the official site to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship?
scholarships.gov.in is the official site to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
- 1 UGC “Ishan Uday” Scholarship Scheme 2022, Online Application
- 2 Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022: Eligibility, Purpose, Apply Online
- 3 Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 for NER – Overview
- 4 Objective of Ishan Uday Scholarships
- 5 Background of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Scheme
- 6 Eligibility Criteria of Ishan Uday Scholarship
- 7 Exclusions of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
- 8 Scope of UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
- 9 Slots
- 10 Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount
- 11 Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process
- 12 Duration for Scholarship
- 13 Procedure for Disbursement
- 14 Required Documents to Apply Online
- 15 How to Apply Online for Ishaan Uday Scholarship?
- 16 Process to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship
- 17 Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship
- 18 Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 – Important Links
- 19 Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
- 20 Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions
- 20.0.1 Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
- 20.0.2 Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared the Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
- 20.0.3 What is the last date to register for the Ishan Uday Scholarship?
- 20.0.4 What is the official site to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship?